Community gardens share many of the same resource concerns as our urban farms. The District can develop a conservation plan for your community garden and work with you to implement common soil health and water conservation practices such as crop rotation, cover crop, pollinator habitat, contour farming, mulching, soil testing, water harvesting and conservation solutions, and more!
If you are looking to join a community garden, please check out the following:
- The Maryland – National Capital Park and Planning Commission Community Gardens
- UMD Extension Community Gardens
- Berwyn Heights Community Garden
- Bowie Community Gardens
- Cottage City Community Garden
- College Park Community Gardens
- Emerson Street Food Forest
- Greenbelt Community Gardens
- Greenbelt Food Forest
- Greenbelt Three Sisters Demonstration Gardens
- Hyatt Park Community Garden
- Mt Rainier Community Food Forest
For more information, contact our Urban Agricultural Conservation Planner, Kim Rush Lynch.